We have an opening for Executive Director. Below are the requirements. If you’re interested, please submit your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
ORGANIZATION: Kentucky State Police Foundation
Direct and perform the management of Kentucky State Police Foundation (KSPF) activities under the direction of the board members to develop and implement the KSPF mission, vision and goals.
- Promotes KSPF visibility and welfare through participation and membership in community forums, civic organizations and activities that are aligned with KSPF’s mission and vision.
- Develop strategic marketing plan that provides a clear and concise message telling the organizations story. Oversees the execution of marketing and media relations.
- Provide current, frequent updates for KSPF’s social media platforms including foundation website.
- Represents KSPF in media relations by participating in interviews, generating news releases and all other types of media engagement.
- Liaison between board and KSP agency personnel
Financial Performance and Viability:
- Work directly with Board Treasurer, assisting with financial responsibilities, including submission of proposed budget and financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial health of the organization.
- Management of KSPF expenditures, income and other accounting processes as directed by Board Treasurer.
- Manages fund development activities, including grant writing, cultivation and stewardship of donors, event planning and identifying new resources. Actively seek and maintain a diverse donor base of individual, business and foundation segments.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support KSPF’s mission. Including a ‘signature event’ each year that would serve as a key fundraising effort for KSPF.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for daily operations of the KSPF.
- Responsible for signing notes and agreements made and entered into on behalf of the foundation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for implementation of KSPF’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that KSPF can be successful to fulfill its mission.
Board Governance: Work with board in order to fulfill KSPF mission.
- Responsible for leading KSPF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Facilitate work for KSPF. Plan and prepare for board meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or work experience can substitute for degree)
- Minimum of 5 years nonprofit work experience in comparable field.
- Exceptional leadership experience.
- Solid, hands on, budget management skills.
- Strong organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Broad experience of organizational fundraising skills.
- Excellent communications, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Personal qualities that include integrity, honesty and self motivated.
- Media Relations experience.
- Must be Microsoft Office proficient.